CRAB CAKES, SRIRACHA MAYO BY CHEF AKSHIT
FOOD COOKED FROM HEART, ALWAYS GETS GUEST APPRECIATION..............
Chef Akshit is one of the talented chef I know, His philosophy for the food is simple as he is. Started his career from TAJ Group of hotels and trained under the Master chefs . Chef Akshit now a days in Dubai and Holding a Position of Head Chef in one of the renowned restaurant in the city. Lets see his Recipe for Crispy Crab Cakes with Sriracha Mayo. But Before that Chef Akshit explained us little bit about the dish.
WHAT THIS DISH IS ALL ABOUT ?
Crab cakes is one of the famous food in everyone menu . People loves to eat , the only thing is the varieties and innovation while making this dish. Some Chefs give a touch of Asian spices, some chef make it in European style and some make with Indian spice . So basically dish is famous but in different version. Here he, make this dish in a simple way so that it can be prepared in the home also.
WHAT IS CRAB ?
Crab is basically a sea creature with five pairs of legs with large claws on the front pair and a round, flat body covered by a shell, or its flesh eaten as food . Crab meat varies in flavour and texture and can be used in a range of prepared dishes from chowders to curries to casseroles.
RECIPE OF CRISPY CRAB CAKE WITH SRIRACHA MAYO
For Crab Cake
1. Crab Meat 250g
2. Onion 30g
3. Carrot 30g
4. Leeks 10g
5. Garlic 10g
6. Salt To Taste
1. Panko Breadcrumb 100g
2. Eggs 2 pc
3. Flour 50g
For Sriracha Mayo
1. Garlic Clove 01pc
2. Mayonnaise 01cup
3. Sriracha 2 tbsp
4. Lemon Juice 1 tbsp
1. Wash and clean all the vegetables and finely chopped it. Take a pan make it hot, add olive oil and put all the vegetables carrot, onion leeks , garlic and saute it nicely.Season it and keep aside to cool.
2. Now take the crab , put it in the strainer and let the water goes out from it. Take bowl, add crab meat, sauteed vegetables, little flour and breadcrumb for the binding. Season it with salt & pepper. Mix it well.
3. Now make the small burger patties of the mixture of around 30g each and keep it in freezer for 20 to 25 min.
4. Meanwhile make batter with eggs and flour and salt & pepper.
5. Coat the crab meat patties with the batter and then crumb with Panko breadcrumb and keep aside .
6. Take medium size pot ,Put oil in it , fill it half and make it hot nearly temperature of 170 to 180*C
7. Now add the crumbed crab cake in the oil and fry both ides until golden brown in colour .
8. For sriracha, take a bowl add mayonnaise, sriracha , lemon juice and chopped garlic . Season it , mix it well.
9. Serve the crab cake with Sriracha and lemon wedge on the side .
**************************Enjoy Cooking **********************************