GUANAJA 70% TIRAMISU CHOCOLATE MASCARPONE CREAM BY CHEF PRITISH
Updated: May 5
Chef Pritish one of the talented pastry chef works in India and Abu dhabi. According to him passion is required from the budding chefs to make their career in this field. Pastry needs lots of patience, determination and focus mind. As a chef he believes that dessert is the showcase of whole menu so its very important to make desserts in a nice way.
Standardisation of recipes are very important in pastry or bakery because breads and desserts needs appropriate ingredients before making any dish from pastry kitchen.
So today chef Pritish shares his recipe of GUANAJA 70% TIRAMISU CHOCOLATE
MASCARPONE CREAM. But before that Chef Pritish describe the ingredients so that everyone should understand the recipe :
WHAT IS GUANAJA ?
Guanaja 70% develops extraordinary bitterness in this masterful blend of grand cru cocoa which reveals a whole aromatic and complex range of fruit , coffee , molasses and floral tones.
WHAT IS TIRAMISU ?
Tiramisu is an Italian dessert which means " pick me up " . It is invented during 1970s and its is based on plain cake or a yeasted sweet bread soaked in spirits or liquor and coffee, topped with a mascarpone mixture, sometimes containing beaten egg yolks lightened with whisked egg whites.
WHAT IS MASCARPONE ?
This Italian speciality cream cheese is from Lombardy region of Italy, the cheese is the main ingredient while making Tiramisu. It is made by curdling milk cream with citric acid or acetic acid. It is thick, double or triple cream soft cheese with high fat content ranging from 60% to 75%
* CHOCOLATE MASCARPONE CHEESE
1. Egg Yolk - 5 no.
2. Mascarpone - 435g
3. Cream - 348ml
4. Guanaja - 150g
5. Gelatin - 6g
* SOAKING SYRUP
1. Espresso - 375g
2. Sugar - 15g
Chocolate Mascarpone Cheese
1. Whip the cream to soft peaks and reserve in the refrigerator.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks and sugar and cook over a pot of simmering water. Whisking constantly, until slightly thickened. The temperature should reach 84 - 85* C.
3. Remove from the heat and continue to whisk until ribbons form .
4. Whisk in the room temperature, soft Mascarpone ( Mixture appear to be separated but will come come together )
5. Melt the GUANAJA 70% Dark Chocolate in a microwave and add to the mixture , whisking until smooth .
6. Check the temperature - the mix should be around or below 35*C before folding in the whipped cream .
7. Use Immediately.
Soaking Syrup -
1. Brew coffee or espresso. Add sugar and liquor.
2. Set aside until cooled
Use as you need in the bowl or in plate .......
********************************** HAPPY COOKING ********************