Ramadan Special - DAJAJ BEL BATATA BY CHEF MAGSOUD
Updated: May 5
Dajaj Bel Batata which translates to "tray of chicken and potatoes" is one of the delicious dish cooked in the time of Ramadan . Here I post the recipe of CHEF MAGSOUD who is Head of the oriental kitchen in SAADIYAT ROTANA & VILLA, ABU DHABI.He describe the dish is really easy to make and does not need much expertise, just needs to putting all the ingredients in a tray and baked .You can use both type of chicken in this with bone as well without bone. I prefer to make with without bone but make chicken stock which gives nice flavour to the dish.
Dish Name - DAJAJ BEL BATATA
Prep time - 20 min.
Resting time - 2 hour , 30 min
Cooking time - 120 min.
1. Potatoes - 500 gm
2. Olive Oil - 100 ml
3. Garlic - 25 gms
4. Cumin Powder - 10 gm
5. Coriander Powder - 10 gm
6. Paprika - 15 gm
7. White Pepper - 15 gm
8. Chicken Thigh - 1 kg ( Boneless)
9. Chicken Stock - 500 ml
10. Water - As Required
11. Fresh Coriander - 50 gm ( Finely Chopped)
12. Salt - To Taste
13. White Flour - 20gm
Cooking is an art one can learn by experiment , so keep experiment .
1. Wash and peel the potatoes, cut them into slices and set aside in water.
2. For Marination of chicken add chopped garlic, olive oil, cumin powder, coriander powder , paprika powder, sat, white pepper powder, vinegar. Mix them well.
3. Add the chicken pieces and coat them well in the spices. Arrange the chicken pieces in the baking tray and keep it aside.
4. To prepare the potatoes, add olive oil, chopped garlic, cumin powder, coriander powder, paprika , salt, white pepper and mix them well.
5. In a separated baking tray, arranged the potato slices.
6. Put both the trays separate in the oven at 180* C for about 15 to 20 min. or until golden brown
7. For the sauce, heat the pan and add olive oil. Add finely chopped garlic and saute for 3 to 5 min. or until golden brown. Now add all the spices cumin, paprika, coriander, white pepper, salt. Mix well.
8. Add white flour. Saute it for few seconds. Add water and chicken stock. Mix them till it reach to thick consistency. Add vinegar and remove the flame.
9. Remove the roasted chicken and potato from the oven. Add the roasted chicken and potato slices one by one on the plate in a tray and pour the sauce on the top and bake at 180* C for 10 min. and then plate it
10. garnish with mint or coriander leaves
About The Chef ..................
Chef Magsoud is a professional oriental chef , he is currently working with one of the luxury hotel in Abu Dhabi and handling the oriental section. Thank you chef for sharing your recipe