SEARED SCALLOPS ,BISQUE POACHED ASPARAGUS BY CHEF ASHISH
Updated: May 5, 2020
When it comes for an appetizer, My favourite ingredients is scallops.I used scallops in many ways but i personally like this below posted pic. First because of its components , second of its taste and third its presentation. Scallops are basically of
light , sweet and meaty texture which makes it best choice for appetizers.
So before i will start the recipe let me tell you guys a bit about scallops, the best varieties, the common variety , from where it came etc etc..
What is scallops ?
Scallops basically comes under seafood , its not fish but yes its seafood . It contain an edible white abductor muscles that hold together the fan shaped shells. Because they die quickly, they are almost always shucked and cleaned on board ship.
Type of Scallops
Scallops are sweet , with tender texture . They can be steamed, boiled, grilled, fried, seared, baked. When overcooked , however , scallops quickly become chewy and dry . So needs to take care whenever we are cooking scallops.
So Lets Start cooking ............................
For Seared scallops
1. Scallops - 01
2. Salt - To taste
3. Black Pepper - 2 gm
4. Chopped Garlic - 3 gm
5. Olive Oil - 10ml
6. Thyme - Few sprigs
For Lobster Bisque
1. Lobster Shells - 3 no.
2. Tomato Paste - 01 tsp
3. Onion (Sliced) - 1/2 half
4. Fish Stock - 200ml
1. Queen Asparagus - 4 no,
2. Bisque - 120 ml
3. Butter - 10gm
4.Salt - to taste
1. Affila Cress - few sprigs
1. For Lobster Bisque , wash the raw shell of lobster and put it in the oven for 5 to 7 min. at 170* C
2. Meanwhile take the pot, add olive oil in it , let it be become hot and then add onion in it. Saute it nicely , give light brown color.
3. After that add , tomato paste and cook it well, then add cooked lobster shell in the pot and add fish stock and leave it for at least 45 to 50 min.
4. Off flame , strain it and keep aside once it is done .
5. Now Take pan, Put it on the flame , Marinate the scallops with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and thyme .
6. Once the pan become hot add scallops in to the pan, and cook the scallops 2 min. both side and keep aside .
7. Now clean the asparagus , wash it and put a clean pan on to the flame , let the pan become hot , once the pan is hot add lobster bisque into the pan , cook a bit, add sprig of thyme and asparagus in it. Poach the asparagus in the bisque only. Season it and finish it with butter .
8. Now take the poached asparagus and assemble on to the plate and put scallops on top of the asparagus and drizzle rest of the bisque. Garnish with affila cress and serve
Chef Ashish , (Founder of COOK WITH ASHISH ) shares his recipe for seared scallops hope everyone like it. For more recipes like this please subscribe this page and always up to date with new things .