KALE & ARAGULA VEGETABLE RISOTTO | BY CHEF ASHISH
Updated: Jul 12
Beautiful and Delicious combination of Kale, Aragula, Mushrooms, Asparagus, Parmesan, Olive Oil and bound with Carnanoli rice with a hint of tomato sauce . A must try recipe for all joners of food lovers .
Risotto is rice done Italian style, with finesse, care and serious gourmet flare.I used Carnanoli rice because of its creamy and thickness texture mix with Kale & Aragula , Cherry Tomato, Parmesan, Olive Oil , Mushroom, Zucchini, Asparagus .I don’t think it gets much better than this. This is a wondrous dish – hearty, healthy, vibrant, refreshing, green, and amazingly delicious. Easily one of my favorite things that I’ve made so far this year. Trust me, this is a dish that you will come to crave.
Carnanoli Rice or Arborio 1 cup
Zucchini green & Yellow 1/2
Onion 1 pc
Cherry Tomato 5 pcs
Asparagus 5 pc
Tomato sauce 1 tbsp
Basil Pesto 1 tsp
Vegetable Stock 200 ltr
Salt To taste
Pepper To taste
Olive Oil 30 ml
Take all the vegetables , place your chopping board, Check the sharpness of your Knife .
2. Chop the onions, Cut tomato 1/2 , Cut zucchini into dices, Chop the asparagus, Cut mushroom into 4, Cut the kale , Slice the garlic, chop the basil and keep it all together .
3. For vegetable stock - cut the carrots, leeks, celery and onion , boil the vegetable in water almost for 15 to 20 min, Strain and keep aside
4. Take a pot, make it hot and add rice in that , keep stirring it so that it will not burn. Once the rice get broiled , Add stock in that , cook in a slow fire so that it will not stick.
5. Add stock time to time until the rice is 90% done. Once it cooked till 90% , keep aside.
6. Take a pan, Make it hot , Add Olive oil, Add onion and saute a bit, Add slice garlic and saute it together .
7. Add Zucchini , Asparagus, Mushroom, Cherry tomato and cook all together for 2 min.
8. Add stock until it cover the vegetables , cook a bit , add tomato sauce and fresh basil, Add seasoning.
9. Now add risotto rice in the pan, and stir it a bit. Cook it in a slow flame , If require put some more stock.Add kale and Aragula , Mix it well .
10. Add pesto and butter and cook for a minute , off flame the risotto and add Parmesan and Olive Oil and mix it well.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE -
Take a clean and a bit shallow plate, Start to arrange the risotto on it, Pour some basil pesto on top with olives and Parmesan cheese
CHECK OUT THE VIDEO FOR MORE CLEAN IDEA