PENNE WITH EGGPLANT, INDIAN STYLE MASALA SAUCE
Well when it comes for pasta, people like it in every form weather its is authentic spaghetti bolgnese, Penne Alfredo or its is pasta with mix sauce or mixture of some Indian spices , so today i am sharing one of my recipe of penne with eggplant with Masala sauce.
CHANGING TREND -
Now a days culinary trend has lot of changes in terms of cuisines, flavours, ingredients . People are now a days more into fusion cuisine , they are mixing up the ingredients of two cuisines together and the results are really good.... take an example of Indian Modern Cooking, before we used to have lamb curry with a full bowl of lamb pieces with curry , now a days it take the shape of lamb chops which is marinated by indian and western spices and people are liking it.
Same what i did in this pasta , I used penne pasta ( tube pasta ) which is my favourite because when you are making this pasta , the sauce is nicely coated till inside the pasta , Sauce is an important character in giving shape to the pasta.
Salt, is another important ingredient, it is important to add salt in the boiling water when you are boiling the pasta because at this stage the salt is easily mix up with your pasta rather than add the salt in the end.
SOME OF THE GENERAL RULES WHILE MAKING THE PASTA -
1. 1 Litre of water to every 100g of pasta
2. bring water to rolling boil.
3. Add salt, ratio is 1 tbsp of salt to 100g of pasta
4. Stir the pasta a bit when you add pasta in it.
5. Oil is optional , if you want to add you can add it, but better dont add.
6. When water comes at boiling point , before adding the pasta , better to start timer so that you can boil your pasta at the AL DENTE stage
7. When you are strainig the pasta always use tongs, or perforated spoon.